Wednesday 7 January 2009

Wednesday 7th January

-> number of extra minutes spent in bed as I struggled to wake up properly after taking 2 Night Nurse capsules last night: about 45

-> breakfast: a piece of banana bread and a freebie Special K bar
-> lunch: crappy packaged Arrabiata pasta salad and pickled onion monster munch
-> tea: steak & kidney pie, mash and beans at the pub (yay!)

-> bottles of wine received as a belated xmas prezzie from teacher and pupils of the primary school where I help with reading one hour per week: 1
-> extra minutes I stayed after finishing to watch the 5 year olds learn multiplication using their fingers and noses: 10 (so cute!)
-> how much more useful the hour I spend at the primary school is than the other 36.5 hours I am contracted to be at work: an awful lot

-> number of the first five singers on the original Band Aid record named in pub quiz round: 4
-> the one we missed: Sting (we put Bono, and he was apparently the 8th to sing)
-> bonus points missed in that round: 2
-> Judas Priest tracks identified in the Bontempi organ round: 1 (Breaking The Law)
-> margin of victory in the pub quiz: 4.5 points (eat our dust, losers)
-> number of people in the pub wearing the same t-qualizer illuminating t-shirt that I got for Christmas: 1
-> t-shirt I was wearing: kukuxumusu barcelona t-shirt, well hidden by a big Roots fleece
-> team name: Michael Landon? Dead.
-> best team name: Admiral Insurance Are Thieving Bastards.

-> hot water bottles taken to bed: 1
-> likelihood of waking up to find the cat asleep on the hot water bottle and me hanging out of the bed with no duvet cover: a sure thing
-> number of early meetings tomorrow: 1
-> number of Night Nurse capsules I'll be taking tonight: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment